Metacrete™ is a new nanotechnology material formed from a naturally occurring deposit in the southeastern foothills along the present day banks of the White River. The mineral powder produced contains natural molecular spacings measured in angstroms, typically around seven (7). The inorganic clay atoms contain outstanding electrical, thermal and mechanical properties. Such materials are widely used in the research and development of advanced materials and light in weight composites, electronics and civil engineering products, to name a few.
Under the label MetaCrete™ Rio Blanco Development hopes to utilize it’s California location to become the foremost producer of packaged geo-polymer concrete and cement mixes on the North American Pacific Rim. For every ton of MetaCrete product utilized in the ordinary Portland cement market a ton of greenhouse gas emissions will have been eliminated.
MetaCrete™ General Applications:
- Building blocks and “cold” bricks
- Precast pipes
- Precast culverts
- Precast above ground and below grade vaults (manhole sections)
- Utility poles
- Ocean piers
MetaCrete™ Construction Applications:
- Impermeable subgrade walls and foundations
- Floor slabs
- Elevated light-weight decks and slabs
- Bridge pavement approach slabs and abutments
- Micro surfacing for bridge decks and pavements